|This article is a stub. You can help YORG.io Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic How to play guide for YORG.io. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
- B: Builds base
- T: Builds Crystal Mine
- N: upgrade building
- Shift + N upgrades all buildings of the same type and tier to the next one.
- WASD/↑↓→←/MOUSE : Movement
- Q: Fast Forward
- Space: Pause ye ye
- E: Build Walls, Keep pressing E and move cursor while clicking and you can build them faster.
- F: Build transporter(always keep them connected).
- Y: Build Iron Mine
- U: Build Cannon Ball factory
- I: Build Cannon tower
- O: Build Harvester.
- P: Build Steel factory.
- G: Build Sawmill.
- H: Build Arrow factory.
- J: build Arrow tower.
- K: Build Uranium Mine.
- L: Build Nuclear Reactor
- C: Build Lightning Tower.
- V: Build Shield Tower.
- 1: Shows utilization View. How well your factories are doing and if they are producing everything as efficiently as possible (green is good red is bad)
- 2: View transport Network mode. Shows transports and how they are connected.
- 3: Tower range view mode (press again to disable)
- M: Show detailed minimap.
Tips and tricks
- Prioritize upgrading your base and crystal mines over anything else.
- Do not build stuff outside your walls. (You have to do it right to survive, its not a good idea for beginners. But it does help to conquer the map.)
- You need enough resources for ammo, so find a place that has them near your base.
- Do NOT overextend, you will find it difficult to defend and repair your base if it's too big.
- DO not underestimate Screamers, their explosions have a radius of 3 and are deadly.
- Distribute your turrets so that you have Lightning Towers everywhere.
- The previous applies to all turrets.
- Use your skill points wisely, look ahead don't just spend them randomly. The best idea is to buy transport or factory points. You should get the skill that allows zombies to walk over the transporters. The factory points really help to provide resources for your defense towers.
- Only upgrade buildings other than crystal mines and base after you've maxed your base and crystal mines.
- It does not matter how awesome your base looks, if it struggles against waves before wave 75 then you did it wrong.
- Always keep some Walls in reserve, T1 (tier 1) walls are surprisingly effective at slowing down masses of Fodder and Screamers so that your cannons can kill them with their AOE attacks.
- You don't need more than one Uranium deposit, 4 crystal deposits, 3 iron deposits and 4 wood deposits. The additional wood and iron might help in keeping your logistics up but when fully maxed if you made your base good enough you don't need anything more.
- Dread Lords always come to the least defended side, use this to your advantage.
- Dread Lords give a lot of crystals.
- Corner-capping. Designed to be extremely cost-effective and reliable. Corner-capping is a twofold strategy: cover large area, and place walls only at the corners of your base. An easy way to visualize corner-capping is to imagine what the base would look like if walls surrounded every surface, then to only imagine the corners on that surface. I.e., if the base is shaped like a square, then only put walls on the four corners. Pros: Cost-effective. Rations walls. Levels up your base quickly in the pregame. Cons: Very difficult to reach high levels without placing walls around every surface. Very difficult to reach high levels due to a large base volume.
- Turtle UP. Standard strategy for most with many variations. The basic strategy consists on mainly choosing a small area of the map with 4 crystals, settling in and placing your factories near the base, several rows of walls will protect your base and ideally only your turrets will be near the walls while your mines will be behind them. Pros: easily adaptable to the situation, average leveling early game this strategy shines in mid game (wave 50-70), most your turrets have overlapping fields of fire, which means that if one turret remains without ammo others can pick the slack Cons: Very resource intensive and if you run out of resources mid-wave then you will suffer catastrophic losses which unless you have crystals to spare.